PURAIN commercial rainwater filter range
The PURAIN self-cleaning filter range features 5 sizes (DN100, 150, 200, 300 & 400) covering roof areas from 60m2 to 15'000m2.
Now rainwater can be efficiently collected in schools, hotels, commercial buildings - even airports.
And due to the effectiveness of the filtration, no longer do building owners need to apologise because the "water in our toilets is brown in colour because we are rainwater harvesting!". Effective filtration means that biological debris is unable to enter the tank and therefore microbial degradation - the cause of water discolouration and smelling, cannot begin.
Filters can be either in-tank, sub-surface or wall mounted.
CONTACT US FOR PRICING
PURAIN HD Commercial Heavy-Duty sub-surface range
In addition to our in-tank mounted range we also offer a sub-surface mounted, HD (heavy duty) range of self-cleaning filters.
High quality and tested for load classes of up to 60 tons
In-ground installation allows for the use of the total tank volume (especially with large rainwater systems)
HD filter range covers collection areas up to 15'000m2
Saves the costs of a separate rainwater filter chamber
Saves piping expenses, as the filter can be directly used as the tank overflow
CONTACT US FOR PRICING
"It's not just about how a rainwater filter "filters" - its also about how much clean water actually ends up in your tank". INTEWA Environmental Engineer Cameron Adams Dipl Ing.
PURAIN rainwater filters - also named "hydraulic jump" filters are independently rated as the most efficient rainwater collectors in the world.
The hydraulic jump is a clever engineering design that allows PURAIN filters to self-clean. Self-cleaning means minimal maintenance for the owner, a higher water yeild and a better quality of stored water. And as we simply do not get enough rainfall in Africa it is very important not to waste a drop of it.
Designed to efficiently collect rainfall from light events (light events make up over 97% of all rainfall worldwide) PURAIN filters use the heavy (3%) rainfalls to self-clean.
Most rainwater filters, such as first flush diverters and some downpipe-type filters, do not efficiently collect light rainfall events - either because they discard the first 100-200+ litres collected (cleaning your roof!) each time it rains or they are just poorly designed and clog easily, allowing the filters to block up and the rainfall to overflow without being captured. This can lower their water collection efficiency down to as low as 50%.
By comparison, PURAIN rainwater filters have an independently certified collection efficiency of 98% - meaning that for every 1000 litres that falls on your roof you will collect 980 litres in the tank (the other 2% (or 20 litres) being sacrificed during the self-cleaning function).
valve & chamber cover
Used in tank installations above ground
R 4799 ex VAT & freight
valve & chamber cover
Used in tank installations above & below ground
R 5675 ex VAT & freight
PURAIN standard residential filter PR100
The best place to install the PURAIN 100 rainwater filter is in the tank. Now there is no need for separate downpipe filters or separate filtration tanks. The PURAIN Rainwater filter itself can be directly used as an overflow and all roofing downpipes can be connected to one single filter.
A key feature is that only one filter is necessary for each project - for roof areas up to +/-270m2.
Due to its low height offset and its size the PURAIN 100 rainwater filter can be retrofitted easily into most tanks.
Two models are offered - for above and below ground tank mounting.
PURAIN Rainwater filter range
PURAIN residential/commercial filter PR150-S
Built to handle rainfall from roof areas up to 750m2.
Self cleaning. Wall mounted above tanks or in-tank mounting into large underground tanks.
Filter cover and cap accessories available to fully seal the filter when either wall or sub-surface mounted.
Internally fitted back-flush kit accessory available for easy cleaning of sub-surface or hard-to-get-at units.
R 11,250 ex VAT, freight & accessories
PURAIN Rainwater filters
remote back-flush sprayer
various filter accessories
What do PURAIN filters offer you?
German construction - will outlast the life of your LDPE tank
specially designed to maximise collection from light rainfall events
self-cleaning hydraulic jump design
minimal owner maintenance
98% collection efficiency - industry leader
only one filter necessary per building - even if multiple tanks are used
in-tank mounting for superior filtering and ongoing water cleaning
2 different methods of cleaning the incoming water
non-return valve for back-flow and rodent protection (PR100)
remote back-flush kit accessory minimises maintenance further
the range offers filtering of 60m2 < 15'000m2 roof area